The Analytical Technologies Center (ATC) seeks a Mass Spectrometry expert at the Scientist/Lead Researcher level to join the team at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis TN. This opening focuses on in vivo ADME, DMPK, and other analytical approaches to evaluate and characterize small molecule chemical and biophysical properties.
ATC offers a full assemblage of state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation including Echo MS, FTMS, Q-Tof-MS, AB Sciex triple quad mass specs, Q traps, several single quads, in addition to a variety of HPLC’s and UPLC systems.
Required skills and experiences:
- Experience with drug quantification methods for in vitro/vivo pharmacokinetic assays
- Experience with developing and running MS-based biochemical and cell assays designed to identify small molecule inhibitors
- Broad theoretical and practical knowledge of advanced bioanalytical methods and assays development (i.e., chromatographic, mass spectrometric, etc.)
- Formulates an efficient analytical approach with the available data. Delivers data files, and documents the analytical process. May participate in manuscript preparation at project's conclusion
- Establish protocols or best practices for common research tasks
- Practical skills, problem solving abilities, and troubleshooting laboratory equipment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in working within multidisciplinary teams
- Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific area is required for both levels
- PhD strongly preferred
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required.
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master's degree.
- Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD.
- Five (5) years of relevant, post-degree work experience is required with a Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master's degree.
- No experience is required with a PhD degree.