The High Throughput Bioscience (HTB) Center at St. Jude under Director and St. Jude Faculty Member Dr. Taosheng Chen, seeks a senior Biochemist/Biophysicist to design and implement high throughput biochemical/biophysical assays and screens, including developing direct binding assays to quantify compound-protein interaction.
The ideal candidate is familiar with high throughput screening and associated data analysis and quality control, and capable of developing/utilizing novel bioassays to solve challenging biology problems. The Scientist reports to the Director of HTB Center and is expected to independently lead and implement collaborative projects; present or publish research results; and assist the Center Director in managing the daily operation of the Center. The HTB Center consists of those with advanced training in biology, chemistry, and engineering who work together on target identification and validation, assay development, laboratory automation, high-throughput and high-content screening (up to 650K small molecules and genome-scale siRNAs), large-scale data processing, and management of scientific collaborations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biology, chemistry, or a related field required.
- PhD in biological sciences with relevant postdoctoral training preferred
- Experience with protein biochemistry, biochemical and biophysical assay development and high-throughput screening, and up-to-date knowledge of various direct binding assays, are required. Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus: automation, data management, and a strong publication record
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Bachelor's degree.
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master's degree
- Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD
As of September 10, 2021, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.
EEO Statement: St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer