Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking a motivated postdoctoral fellow at the Cell Biology and Neuroscience Department in Stratford, NJ.
The postdoctoral research fellow position is funded by the NIH and is immediately available to conduct research in the area of host-pathogen
interactions using an invertebrate animal model under the direction of the principal investigator (PI). The fellow will be required to have technical and theoretical knowledge related to genetics, molecular biology and cell biology. Specific tasks will include: collection, recording and analysis of data, preparation of reports for peer-reviewed scientific publications and conference presentations, and contribution to grant writing. The fellow will report all research related activities to the PI and train technicians/fellows in relevant techniques as directed by PI.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Performs in vitro and in vivo research involving animals, cell lines and
bacteria as assigned by the PI.
• Interfaces with other research groups in collaborative projects, including
shipping and handling materials received from/to collaborators.
• Keeps up-to-date with technical and theoretical knowledge related to hostpathogen
interactions and neurobiology.
• Generates, compiles and presents experimental data with appropriate
conclusions, recommendations that are pertinent to research activity.
• Presents scientific/research contents in institutional, national and
• Provides support for the daily operations of the lab, including
training/supervising technicians and junior fellows.
SUGGESTED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Ph.D. degree with major/concentration in molecular biology, cell biology,
genetics, neurobiology or related field of study is preferred.
• Prior research experience in the areas of model organism system,
genetics, neurobiology, and/or host-pathogen interactions is preferred.
Internal Number: 494506
About Rowan University
A leading public institution, Rowan University combines liberal education with professional preparation from the baccalaureate through the doctorate. Rowan provides a collaborative, learning-centered environment in which highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and students integrate teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, and community service. Through intellectual, social and cultural contributions, the University enriches the lives of those in the campus community and surrounding region.