Solterra Academy, (300 John Downey Drive, New Britain, CT.), is a state approved, private special education school serving students ages 5-21 who require intensive intervention due to severe emotional, behavioral, developmental and/or learning problems. We are searching for Clinical Social Worker who can provide a full range of clinical services to Solterra Academy students and their families including individual therapy, family counseling, parent education and support, crisis intervention, classroom consultation, individualized behavior plans, case coordination and collaboration, as well as classroom-based group therapy. Opportunity to work with a highly professional transdisciplinary team along with a talented and experienced clinical team.
We offer a range of benefits including health insurance benefits, competitive and year-round salary, paid school holidays and school vacations, PTO, 401(k) and educational reimbursement.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate program.
· Minimum of 2 year’s supervised clinical experience in treatment setting for children and adolescents.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
· Valid CT071 certification from CT SDE.
· Licensure by CT State Department of Public Health as a Clinical Social Worker.
· CPR certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Solterra Academy).
· Certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention required with the first training course provided after hire date and maintained throughout employment (provided by Solterra Academy)
Internal Number: 300270
About Solterra Academy
Solterra Academy provides comprehensive special education for students ages 5 to 21 who require intensive intervention due to severe emotional, behavioral, cognitive, developmental and/or learning challenges. The school is designed to provide a high level of structure and support, as well as an integrated array of services to address each child’s unique profile.
The goal of Solterra Academy is to foster independence in all aspects of the students’ development so they may be successfully transitioned back to their home school district. We believe that children can realize their potential, given an environment that is supportive, developmentally appropriate and geared to specific individual needs. We are dedicated to the development of a sense of cooperation, self-motivation, adjustment and academic accomplishment for each child.
Solterra Academy is approved as a special education facility by the Connecticut State Department of Education.