1) As a member of the CRSP executive management team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this individual will direct CRSP strategic planning and business development activities with a focus on the organizationâ™s long-term success.
2) Duties will include aspects of the index and historical data businesses and will be a key driver of CRSPâ™s overall profitability.
3) This role recognizes that the line between Marketing and Business Development coupled with developing product direction recommendations and related analytic research is blurred, particularly in an organization like CRSP. Â
4) Strategic responsibilities include analyzing industry trends, developing and monitoring long-term organizational business plans, identifying expansion opportunities, reviewing current and future business partnerships, competitor benchmarking and internal business process improvement.
5) Collaborating with key talent from all CRSP departments, this position will guide the organization as it fully develops itâ™s index and historical data business lines.Â
6) Works closely with CRSP senior leadership in the coordinated development and refinement of product brand images, pricing and new product development.Â
7) Business Development responsibilities include directing the sales efforts for CRSP Index products and managing associated client relationships, collaborating with the Director of Client Services on activities relating to CRSP Historic data products.Â
8) Identifying opportunities to partner with vendors and distribution agents, developing and organizing new business development initiatives, and collaborating with CRSP departments in order to meet client needs.Â
9) Developing derivatives and structured products based on CRSP Indexes to meet client needs. Duties will include identifying, developing and producing key business reports for the CRSP Board and CRSP management.Â
10) Directs the organization's quantitative equity research activities, collaborating with the Senior Director of Client Services in areas of mutual engagement.
11) Coordinates the evaluation and development of quantitative equity investment strategies to be expressed in CRSP indexes with appropriate members of the Leadership Team and client input.
12) Responsibilities include directing quantitative equity research, supervising the Analytics quantitative equity research staff, and managing the research budget and external sources of research.
13) Directly engages with clients regarding needs and related research, and represents CRSP at conferences, including speaking and panel assignments.
1) Familiarity with financial data with a knowledge of both investment and research data including CRSP databases and tools.
2) Detailed understanding of derivatives and structured products, how these products are used by institutional clients and the various types of license structures for these products.
3) Membership in relevant professional organizations.Â
4) Effectively direct areas of responsibility by motivating, training and developing a diverse group of staff members to provide desired strategic and operational outcomes within the allocated resources.Â
5) Assess current and potential markets for development opportunities through management, organization and analysis of both academic and commercial client data.Â
6) Demonstrated ability to understand impact of CRSP decision-making process on other organizational units within the University of Chicago and can anticipate and carryout necessary communications with these units.
7) Demonstrated ability to provide input to CRSP customer service activities of Client Services through close interaction with customer support staff. Â
8) Recognize and address product issues/opportunities promptly and effectively through the utilization of expert sales, marketing and customer service skills.Â
9) Provide leadership in recognizing brand opportunities and impact.
10) Attention to detail, strong problem solving and organizational skills.
11) Strong written and verbal communication skills.
12) Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office tools including Word, Excel and Power Point.
13) Proactive work habits and demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team.
14) Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information.
1) Masterâ™s degree.
2) Degree concentration in Finance or Economics with a cross specialization or additional coursework in Marketing or Business Development.
1) A minimum ten years of progressive successful experience in marketing, product development, derivatives and strategic planning.
2) Supervisory experience.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06832
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.