Outage I & E Planner-1902659 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Outage I & E Planner (1902659) - Port Arthur, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for the planning and estimating of I&E maintenance, outage, turnaround, and capital project activities executed at the Port Arthur site. In this role, you will prepare job packages with bill of materials, estimates of manpower, job steps, and tools necessary for execution of work and manage execution of work during outage. You will identify and stage equipment, material, and tools necessary for the execution of maintenance work and manage priorities and resources to maintain cost and schedule goals. You must consider and account for any discovery work and manage it through the outage process. Lastly, you will compile information and input it into the current CMMS regarding work orders, work history, costs and actual work performed.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Successfully engaging across the organization, you will work closely together with the Outage Planning Leader, Outage Operations Planners, Operations Coordinators, Maintenance Gatekeeper, and the Master Scheduler to identify and scope out outage maintenance, project, and turnaround activities.
* Leveraging your education (preferably in Instrumentation or Electrical Technology), your vocational, trade or apprentice training, and your experience as an I&E maintenance craftsperson in the petrochemical industry (experience in maintenance planning preferred), you will plan the I/E mechanical activities by analyzing the basic job steps, determine its sequence relative to other steps, and identify required parts, materials, special tools, and craft manpower.
* Your strong communication and interpersonal skills will serve you well as you prepare and convey construction package and/or maintenance work plans to the Outage Operations Planners and/or Mechanical Construction Engineer for execution of the planned activities.
* Using your knowledge of maintenance, operations, and engineering activities in the petrochemical industry (cracker experience preferred) and your strong analytical thinking, you will review the accuracy of I/E mechanical maintenance planning after activities are executed and update planning documentation to reflect lessons learned.
* Your solid organizational skills will be exercised as you contact and organize vendors and contractors for I&E commissioning, field services, and shop repairs.
* Relying on your general computer skills and customer focus, you will monitor the delivery status of requisitioned materials and expedite if necessary.
* Your knowledge of SAP and how it is used regarding notification, work orders, requisition, and maintenance history will be essential as you e nter SAP Reservations for stocked maintenance spares and procure all non-stock materials for daily maintenance. You will also enter history in SAP Notifications after the completion of planned I/E maintenance activities.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.