Baptist Health is currently recruiting for energetic & qualified candidates to join our family as the Vascular Technologists. At Baptist Health, we believe that our competitive salary and enticing benefit package is among the best in the market area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the cerebrovascular, peripheral vascular and abdominal vascular systems.
2. Records an accurate medical history, indication for exam, and a physical evaluation according to the exam ordered.
3. Provides appropriate documentation of services rendered to:
The medical director medical staff for interpretation
The patient’s chart and/or attending physician
The department files and research files
The business office for posting of charges
4. Coordinates inpatients and outpatient appointments.
5. Performs and documents routine calibrations, inspections, and maintenance of all equipment.
6. Demonstrates proficiency while performing the following vascular procedures:
Duplex scan of carotid artery with B-mode, spectral, and color Doppler imaging
Duplex evaluation of lower and upper extremity venous system
Doppler evaluation of lower and upper extremity arterial system with segmental limb and digital pressures
Evaluation of lower extremity arterial system with treadmill stress
Duplex evaluation of renal arteries
Intra operative scans
Preferred, but not required:
Doppler evaluation of upper extremity arterial system with TOS and cold immersion test
Duplex scan of AV shunts
Duplex scan of bypass arterial graft
Duplex scan of abdominal vessels: Aorta, IVC, Mesenteric and Portal Hepatic
Duplex scan of temporal arteries
7. Annual completion of competency validation, safety training, and OSHA requirements.
8. Performs Quality Improvement duties in accordance to ICAVL, JCAHO, hospital and department guidelines.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
Graduate of an allied health field program. Associate Degree program preferred.
Candidate for registry as a non-invasive vascular technologist is preferred.
Certification as Registered Vascular Technologist (R.V.T.) or other registration in Vascular ultrasound technology is recommended.
CPR certification required.
Internal Number: R198165
About Baptist Health Louisville
Baptist is a leader with providing exceptionally high patient care. As a faith-based health system, Baptist Health places special emphasis on our Core Values of treating all with integrity, respect and compassion, with a focus on excellence and collaboration in all that we do, helping us to experience the joy of caring for other.