The Annual Giving Coordinator will participate in the strategic development of broad-based giving with the Director of Annual Giving, exploring how to synergize direct mail, e-mail, crowd funding, and phonathon, and growing year-over-year results in overall dollars raised.
- Collaborating with the Director of Annual Giving, oversee the new crowdfunding program at MassArt; partner with students, faculty, and other College stakeholders to identify fundraising projects and goals that support MassArt's mission; create and manage webpage content, and help to ensure the integrity of the gift process.
- Administer the College's mini-phonathon program in the fall for restricted and unrestricted gifts under $1,000 through data segmentation and administrative duties, as well as the hiring, training, and supervision of student callers.
- Oversee student philanthropy efforts through the MassArt Philanthropy Program (MAPP), with the goal of building a culture of philanthropy amongst students and GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) alumni.
- Assist with the execution of e-mail, direct mail, and other Annual Giving appeals under the direction of the Director of Annual Giving, including preparing constituent data for appeals.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Annual Fund, including updating donor records, fielding donor questions via phone and email, and working closely with the Advancement Services Associate and Director of Advancement Services to ensure the gift process runs smoothly; occasional pull reports through Saleforce, and assist with gift processing for Annual Fund donations during periods of high gift volume.
- Manage the student thank you letter writing process and oversee the production of other stewardship materials, like the new donor packet and stewardship postcard. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with Institutional Adancement events as needed.
- Supports a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Promotes an environment that values diverse backgrounds and affirms the rights of all members of the community to be treated with respect and dignity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of professional experience in fundraising or related transferable experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal, written, and customer service skills First-hand knowledge of annual giving programs, crowdfunding programs, and/or phonathon programs.
- Experience with recruitment, training, management, and recognition of student workers or volunteers.
- Ability to relate to and work well with MassArt's student body.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
- Ability to work regular evening hours during phonathon and periodic weekend work for IA events.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills, particularly the ability to create clear, compelling cases for fundraising projects using images and text.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to sort and prioritize data segments.
- Ability to effectively work in a high-energy, fast-paced work environment.
- Detail-oriented, well organized, eager to work collaboratively, flexible.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and creative problem solving abilities.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm for educational fundraising and/or fundraising in the arts.
- 1 year of experience with Salesforce or other CRM.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Belief in the College's public mission, and a desire to play a meaningful role in the MassArt community.
About Massachusetts College of Art and Design
The five educational institutions that make up Colleges of the Fenway view diversity as a key component in the growth of our students' educational experience as well as our ongoing journey as professionals charged with maintaining the world class status of our institutions. By drawing from a wide cultural palette, we ensure that we have access to the full range of talent available. Through our respect for the vast array of backgrounds we create an environment that will help that talent grow. It is within an environment of respect that we are able to build and work toward our goals. Our goal is to create an atmosphere that values mutual respect. All Colleges of the Fenway members have policies and practices designed to safeguard our healthy environment as well as provide the support and access needed to do so. The Colleges of the Fenway are located in the heart of Boston?s academic, scientific and cultural communities and is within walking distance from landmarks such as the Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, Symphony Hall and world renowned medical institutions. Jobs at Emmanuel College: http://emmanuel.edu/About_Emmanuel/Employment.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Art and Desig...n: http://www.massart.edu/About_MassArt/Careers.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: http://www.mcphs.edu/about-mcphs/careers-at-mcphsJobs at Simmons College: http://simmons.edu/overview/about/jobs/Jobs at Wentworth Institute of Technology: https://jobs.wit.edu/