Hours: Full Time, M-F 8am-5pm, may include nights and weekends
Pay: $33,000 with the opportunity to earn placement bonuses for individuals placed in employment for 90 days.
The primary function of the Naturally Gifted Manager & Employment Specialist is to assist persons with disabilities seeking employment in choosing, identifying, and obtaining community-based employment specifically for clients referred to Clearbrook from the Department of Rehabilitation Services. The Naturally Gifted Manager & Employment Specialist is also responsible for networking and marketing the Naturally Gifted employment program to the community in order to identify and secure new job opportunities.
1. Develop and implement clients’ individualized job development plans.
2. Act as the QSP for those clients receiving job placement services.
3. Orientation to services and identification of a client’s outcomes.
4. Develop and maintain employment and volunteer opportunities that will offer new opportunities to individuals served at Naturally Gifted.
5. Assist individuals in developing resumes and interviewing skills as they relate to applying for community employment.
6. Maintain a consistent flow of communication to Clearbrook staff, other agencies, families, and others as it relates to the services being provided, as well as notification of new employment opportunities.
7. Responsible for creating and maintaining Naturally Gifted program curriculum, ensuring all materials are stocked and available, and restructuring lessons and activities based on individual needs. The Naturally Gifted Manager & Employment Specialist will also be responsible for implementing curriculum and training program support staff in properly implementing curriculum.
8. Responsible for maintaining the program store including keeping inventory, ordering supplies in compliance with the program budget, and maintaining cash flow.
9. Supervision of staff with the responsibilities of assigning staff to daily schedules, monitoring staff breaks, assuring staff adhere to their job duties and responsibilities. Additionally, the Naturally Gifted Manager & Employment Specialist will be responsible for maintaining time and attendance records for direct reports.
10. Maintain a consistent flow of communication between Naturally Gifted and DRS.
11. Provide job-site consultation to identify, modify and/or eliminate potential architectural, procedural, instructional, communication and/or attitudinal barriers to employment.
12. Provide on-site job coaching/training as needed for clients who require support.
13. Educating employers about various disabilities, assistive technology devices, job accommodation, services provided by the organization, incentives to the employer etc…
14. Provide follow-up and post-employment services to clients working in the community when applicable.
15. To develop and encourage externships in existing community based training settings, existing employment settings and employment settings that are being proposed by the
Coordinator of McHenry County Day Services and the Marketing Coordinator.
16. Establish natural supports, communication skills, enhanced social skills and the completion of tasks in the employment setting.
17. Ensure that all assigned tasks (attendance, progress notes, production records, strategies, behavior data, etc.) are accurately completed on time and submitted to appropriate personnel.
18. Adhere to all policies and procedures established for Clearbrook, Naturally Gifted and those of all governing bodies.
19. Attend at least one community event per quarter.
20. It is the responsibility of the Naturally Gifted Manager & Employment Specialist to maintain confidentiality with all clients and their families and maintain a professional image/role as a representative of the agency.
21. Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of McHenry County Day Services and the Director of Day Services. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
22. Ensure compliance with Clearbrook’s Personnel Policies as they relate to the programs.
23. Complete mandatory training annually.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Services/Social Services field
At least 1 year of experience working with individuals that have an intellectual/developmental disability
Preferred - 1 year of experience in placing clients into community-based employment
Additional Salary Information: opportunity to earn placement bonuses for individuals placed in employment for 90 day
Internal Number: 975
We are a non profit social service agency and we provide services to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities from birth through the end of life.