1) Help translate high level requirements into well-architected and well-tested design and implementation
2) Provide technical guidance and leadership to follow best practices and deliver quality software timely
3) Review pull requests and provide constructive feedback to ensure and improve quality of code
4) Collaborate with, support, and help the other team members to grow and realize their full potential, and make the right decisions collectively
5) Help triage critical issues and defects during testing and in production and address them rapidly
1) Ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines
2) Ability and willingness to acquire new programming languages, statistical and computational methods, and background in research area
3) Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to various teams including non-technical staffÂ
4) Knowledge of software development best practices
5) Confidentiality related to sensitive matters such as strategic initiatives, trade secrets, quiet periods, and scientific discoveries yet to be put in the public domain
2) High performance/cloud computing experience, particularly OpenStack/AWS
3) Experience with full development life cycle, including creating design specifications and other development related documentation
4) In-depth knowledge with cloud architecture, RESTful API, and web services
5) Unix/Linux programming or system administration experience
6) TDD, CI/CD and version control
7) Tech/scrum lead for a dev team
8) Educating/mentoring fellow developers
9) Genomics and big data/data science
NOTE:Â When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06649
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.