Primary Purpose: Under general supervision, provides administrative support to the Executive Director of the Educational Equity Programs. Assists the Executive Director with the department's budgets, general administrative needs, supervision of student assistants and related duties.
The essential functions listed below are intended to identify those generally assigned, the position may perform other responsibilities based on business need.
The grant cycle for this position ends 8/31/2020, and funding is only guaranteed through this date unless the grant is renewed.
Essential Functions: 1. Performs administrative duties for the Executive Director including handling telephones and inquiries, routing callers to the appropriate department; managing supply inventory and ordering; and participating in division support and university-wide meetings for business managers.
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact department, division, and university.
Also provides administrative duties for unit personnel who report to the Executive Director.
2. Prepares letters, correspondence, special reports, technical papers, presentations, and email using standard software applications and in a form consistent with standard business practice. Takes meeting notes for review and/or distribution.
3. Schedules and/or arranges meetings, travel, lodging for unit personnel or visitors. Ensures reimbursements are made when appropriate.
4. Provides budget and accounting support.
Processes accounts payable and/or reimbursement requests in timely manner.
Reconciles and processes Pro-Card activity and statements.
Runs monthly budget reports from internal system, reviews with supervisor and processes and changes or adjustments requested.
5. Monitors office equipment, facilities and duplicating services ensuring all are operational and have no need of repair. Orders units supplies, repair of equipment and facilities when needed or requested.
6. Responds to unit personnel on general inquiries and provides information to those the unit serves.
7. Provides supervision to units student employees:
Creates and monitors schedules
Assigns and reviews work
Reviews and submits time sheets
8. Maintains a variety of department records both electronically and manually including but not limited to student information, student files, program records and areas of compliance. Utilizes Blumen, the TRIO students program software for data entry and to generate reports.
9. Coordinates units calendar of events, places on staff schedules and ensures unit personnel are updated with current University information.
10. Organizes and/or assists with the coordination of unit events as assigned to include but not limited to:
Requests for payment to vendors/accounts
Manages event expenses
Purchases supplies/materials,refreshments needed for events
Serves as primary department contact and coordinator to campus departments/units as necessary
Arranges for guests or presenters to ensure their needs are met, i.e. technical support needs, etc
11. Recommends new procedures for streamlining administrative duties or office functions.
12. Updates the units university webpages.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Two (2) years recent, full-time, professional administrative experience.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer office software programs including PowerPoint, word-processing.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, departments, and others throughout the university.
Ability to multi-task, organize resources and establish priorities; assume responsibility and work effectively with minimum supervision and coordinate a variety of activities, correctly interpret directions, maintain confidentiality and work well under deadlines is crucial.
Excellent administrative skills including phone and customer service service skills, office organization, event, meeting scheduling and records management skills.
Familiarity with basic budget and bookkeeping procedures.
Web content management desired.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.