Requisition Number: 03024475 Final Filing Date: 08-23-2019 Closing Date: Payroll Title: BUS SYS ANL 3 Number of Positions: 1 Salary: $5,066.67-$10,175.00/MO Appointment Type: Career Appointment Description: 100% Fixed; Monday-Friday 8am-5pm Overtime Eligible (FLSA): Exempt Union/HEERA Representation: This position is covered by a collective bargaining unit
Department: HUMAN RESOURCES - 062110 Department Description:
Location: Davis Allow Applicants to Attach: Resume Cover Letter References
Job Summary: This position serves as the primary administrator of the UC Davis domain of the UC Learning Center, a systemwide enterprise-level learning management system (LMS). The LMS Administrator is a critical member of the HR Talent Management and Development team and is recognized as an LMS subject matter expert across UC Davis. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the organization, including the systems component of high-visibility training initiatives with organization-wide impact. The LMS Administrator develops processes and resources to enhance UC Davis' utilization of the system and develops systematic solutions to data or process issues.
In order to ensure effective customer support, the LMS Administrator works with technical support personnel from UC Davis Information and Educational Technology, UC Davis Health Information Technology, and technical staff from the various colleges and administrative units. The LMS Administrator is the principal technical contact with the LMS administration team at UC Office of the President.
Work Environment: Due to the mission-critical services provided by this position, this position may occasionally work hours other than M-F 8-5.
Work in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
Occasional travel between Davis and Sacramento campuses.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
Background Check Required: Yes
Minimum Qualifications: - Extensive experience with learning management system administration in a large, complex environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills including planning work, managing details and keeping multiple tasks and projects on track.
- Demonstrated experience using SCORM-compliant content development tools, (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Captivate).
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate cross-functional teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly process large amounts of information, connect it to specific situations and act on that knowledge when working with customers and university leadership to analyze situations or resolve issues.
- Demonstrated experience working with HR information system data to define learning and development requirements based on employee attributes, and to troubleshoot system access and assigned training issues related to employee attributes.
- Demonstrated experience combining and analyzing large volumes of data from multiple data sources.
- Experience establishing strong relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to successfully work with individuals and departments who have diverse needs, perspectives, and understanding of the LMS.
- Skill in communicating effectively with a diverse population with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively elicit and/or provide information to diverse customers using facilitative consulting skills.
- Demonstrated political acumen to handle sensitive or difficult situations diplomatically, to represent the university with tact and discretion, and to work effectively and sensitively with constituents from diverse cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
UC Davis is the home of the Aggies — go-getters, change makers and problem solvers who make their mark at one of the top public universities in the United States. Since we first opened in 1908, we’ve been known for standout academics, sustainability and Aggie Pride as well as valuing the Northern California lifestyle. These themes are woven into our 100-plus-year history and our reputation for solving problems related to food, health, the environment and society.Our 5,300-acre campus is in the city of Davis, a vibrant college town of about 68,000 located in Yolo County. The state capital is 20 minutes away, and world-class destinations such as the San Francisco Bay Area, Lake Tahoe and the Napa Valley are within a two-hour drive.