The Scheduling Specialist schedules Radiology/Imaging procedures, makes adjustments to schedules as necessary to ensure maximum utilization of resources, notifies appropriate personnel of scheduled dates and times and types of schedules for distribution.
In addition, the Scheduling Specialist has the following responsibilities:
1. Schedules time for Radiology/Imaging procedures as requested by referring Physicians to achieve maximum utilization of resources
2. Contacts patients to confirm scheduled dates and times to confirm Radiology/Imaging schedule prior to actual day of procedures
3. Adjusts schedules to utilize unused time due to cancellations and to accommodate patients in need of immediate or emergency procedures
4. Contacts Radiology/Imaging Staff affected by schedule adjustments to ensure patient is prepared and necessary personnel and equipment are available
5. Compiles patient information such as diagnosis, reason for procedure, medications, allergies, and other applicable information provided by Physicians or Office Staff prior to scheduled procedure
6. Prints schedules and distributes to appropriate personnel in the Radiology/Imaging Department
7. Types memos and policy documents, prepares statistical summaries, and maintains the work area
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy and production requirements.
Specialty/Department/Practice - Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - College Station
Shift/Schedule - Full Time, Days
Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*: Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits; 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%; Tuition Reimbursement; PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
No experience required
Internal Number: 19013264
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!