Work Schedule: Twelve Month, Full-time position. Days/hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Full benefits package available.
Position Summary: Under general supervision, provides secretarial support for the Associate Dean for Student Services & Enrollment Management and the college’s staff of professional advisors. Interacts with students, parents, faculty, and staff members across the college in areas to include the Suspension/Dismissal appeal process, Grade Disputes, Academic Honesty; performs research in these areas as needed and maintains related records.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
· Provides assistance to the Advising Staff with Junior Audits and Graduation Checks.
· Assists in the production of student-related publications (Student/Advisor Handbooks, check sheets, curriculum guides, etc.)
· Provides extensive support to the Advising Staff during the Graduation Application and Clearance process.
· Provides support for the scholarship application and selection process each year.
· Organizes events for Advising Staff and Associate Dean.
· Schedules appointments for Academic Advisors and Associate Dean.
· Prepares various documents (emails, memos, etc.) for Academic Advisors & Associate Dean, including confidential correspondence and reports.
· Assists in the supervision and training of student employees.
· Maintains front office area.
This list of essential duties, tasks, and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
Knowledge of basic reading skills
Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
Ability to work in changing environment
Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Six months related experience
High school diploma or GED required
About Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green State University is a tier-one, public university serving 19,000 students on two campuses in northwest Ohio. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities and applied technologies. BGSU seeks talented individuals to join our community in Bowling Green, Ohio, recognized as one of the “Best College Towns of America.”Bowling Green State University provides experiences that enhance lives. Students are prepared for lifelong career growth, lives of engaged citizenship and leadership in a global society. U.S. News and World Report names BGSU as one of the top public universities nationwide with a strong commitment to first-year programs that lead to success. Within our transformative learning community, we build a welcoming, safe and diverse environment where the creative ideas and achievements of all can benefit others throughout Ohio, the nation and the world.