Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking a motivated Life Science Field Sales Representative based in the San Francisco area to join the exciting Beckman Coulter Life Science Automated Liquid Team! The territory will include South San Francisco, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and Alaska. The representative will be responsible for selling automated liquid handlers and the consumables. Must have familiarity sample preparation methods including: nucleic acid extraction, PCR preparation and clean up, serial dilution, high throughput screening, ELISA, and next generation sequencing and library construction. Capital equipment selling experience within the life science industry is preferred. Candidate will demonstrate a winning attitude, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Create and implement a sales plan that meets/exceeds sales goals including; sales opportunities, top accounts, regional shows, seminars, demonstrations, and other activities that produce results.
- Create and Develop customer reference sites
- Coordinate distributor training activities as needed to achieve corporate objectives.
- Maintain customer activity files including the generation and maintenance of a mail list for customers in the assigned territory.
- Collect and reports information on all competitive activity within the assigned territory.
- Identify and develop new accounts that align with Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Negotiate sales contracts and pricing with customers, to provide the best solution for the customer
Your Next Challenge:
- Grow your territory with a newly launched 2017 product
- Maximize success with current client base
- Utilize Formal Sales Trainings to independently formulate effective pre-call plans.
Territory includes accounts in Bay Area West, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska. Residence in the Bay Area is required.
- The work environment for this position is mostly field based sales activity.
- The field sales activity will take this individual into customers’ locations and moderate physical activity (e.g. lifting/carrying of materials) occurs.