We are seeking a motivated Life Science Field Sales Representative based in the Chicago area to join the exciting Beckman Coulter Life Science Automated Liquid Team! The territory will include Illinois, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, and Arkansas. The representative will be responsible for selling automated liquid handlers and the consumables. Must have familiarity sample preparation methods including: nucleic acid extraction, PCR preparation and clean up, serial dilution, high throughput screening, ELISA, and next generation sequencing and library construction. Capital equipment selling experience within the life science industry is preferred. Candidate will demonstrate a winning attitude, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Create and implement a sales plan that meets/exceeds sales goals including; sales opportunities, top accounts, regional shows, seminars, demonstrations, and other activities that produce results.
- Create and Develop customer reference sites
- Coordinate distributor training activities as needed to achieve corporate objectives.
- Maintain customer activity files including the generation and maintenance of a mail list for customers in the assigned territory.
- Collect and reports information on all competitive activity within the assigned territory.
- Identify and develop new accounts that align with Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Negotiate sales contracts and pricing with customers, to provide the best solution for the customer
Your Next Challenge:
- Grow your territory with a newly launched 2017 product
- Maximize success with current client base
- Utilize Formal Sales Trainings to independently formulate effective pre-call plans.
Territory includes accounts in Bay Area West, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska. Residence in the Bay Area is required.
- The work environment for this position is mostly field based sales activity.
- The field sales activity will take this individual into customers’ locations and moderate physical activity (e.g. lifting/carrying of materials) occurs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field. Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes,
gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.