Assistant or Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
April 13, 2018
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Full Time - Experienced
The University of Wisconsin Stevens Point (UWSP) College of Natural Resources (CNR) has one full time (9-month), tenure track, academic year teaching (100%) position available in the Department of Paper Science and Chemical Engineering. The position’s primary responsibilities will be to provide undergraduate instruction (12 credits per semester) in chemical/process engineering courses (such as introduction to engineering, fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics, etc.) and to develop a technical expertise associated with regional industries such as pulp and paper, chemical production, food processing, etc. Other duties include academic advising and contribution to college and university governance. Faculty members are expected to accomplish a record of scholarly achievement in their field of interest to complement teaching responsibilities. Opportunities exist for involvement in research, outreach and international programs to meet University scholarship and service requirements. Experience in and desire to work with diverse populations of learners and stakeholders is expected.
- A Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or closely related field, such as Bioprocess, Biochemical, or Paper Engineering, must be obtained by the date of appointment. ABD will be considered if degree will be obtained by date of appointment.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and professional development
- Experience with the pulp and paper industry.
- Experience with environmental regulations and compliance.
- Demonstrated teaching experience or clear potential to develop effective teaching skills.
For more detailed information, and for application instructions, please visit: https://www.uwsp.edu/hr/jobs/Pages/AcademicJobView.aspx?UWSPJobsCode=14168
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate based on experience
About University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
Through the discovery and dissemination of knowledge, UW-Stevens Point stimulates intellectual
growth, provides a liberal education, and prepares students for a diverse sustainable world. The
university is committed to creating a safe, inclusive learning community for all faculty and staff from a
variety of backgrounds.
Visit www.joinuwsp.org for more information about UW-Stevens Point.