Antibiome Center, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry UCSF
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at UCSF seeks candidates for a Specialist
(Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full) for the UCSF Antibiome Center.
The Antibiome Center is part of the Recombinant Antibody Network (RAN), which is a collaborative consortium consisting of laboratories at the University of California San Francisco, University of Chicago, and the University of Toronto. The Antibiome and RAN are committed to develop renewable antibody reagents for use as both research tools and bio-therapeutics to extracellular proteins in the fields of immunology and oncology and beyond. The successful highly motivated, creative, and collaborative candidate will join the antibody discovery team and will be instrumental in maintaining and enhancing the current robotics pipeline and interfacing with the Antibiome scientists to plan, develop, implement, and execute new technologies and processes for the development of renewable antibody reagents.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a B.S. degree in bio-automation or robotic engineering field with 1-2 years of experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in bio-automation or robotic engineering field or at least five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) in bio-automation or robotic engineering field or at least ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Applicants must have experience in Programming/Scripting (Python, R)
• A drive to learn, manage, and operate a suite of bio-automation robotics
• MS in relevant bio-automation or robotic engineering
• Biological sciences background
• Experiences with phage display technology
• Solid understanding and experiences with recombinant DNA technologies
• Mammalian tissue culture techniques including: transfections, cell line maintenance, recombinant protein expression
• Recombinant protein expression and purification techniques including: SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Western Blotting, immunofluorescence, immunoprecipitation
Additional Salary Information: Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Internal Number: JPF012807
About University of California, San Francisco
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.